In order to facilitate the mapping of identifiers in ChEMBL, we have developed a new type of search in the ChEMBL Interface. Now, it is possible to enter a list of ChEMBL IDs and see a list of the corresponding entities. Here is an example:
1. Open the ChEMBL Interface, on the main search bar, click on 'Advanced Search':
2. Click on the 'Search by IDs' tab:
3. Select the source entity of the IDs and the destination entity that you want to map to:here.
6. You will be redirected to a search results page, you can see the status of the process while the ids are being mapped:
7. When the process is finished, the 'Summary' tab will be enabled, you can see details such as how many terms where recognised, how many matched in ChEMBL and how many IDs were found to be downgraded, among other details:
Currently, users can do the following mappings:
- From Molecule ChEMBL IDs to ChEMBL Molecules.
- From Target ChEMBL IDs to ChEMBL Targets.
- From Assay ChEMBL IDs to ChEMBL Assays.
- From Document ChEMBL IDs to ChEMBL Document.
- From Cell Line ChEMBL IDs to ChEMBL Cell Lines.
- From Molecule ChEMBL IDs to ChEMBL Drugs.
- From Tissue ChEMBL IDs to ChEMBL Tissues.
- From UniProt IDs to ChEMBL Compounds.
- From Smiles to ChEMBL Compounds.