We have two positions in the group currently open, both working on bioassay data aspects of the ChEMBL database. One is funded by a Wellcome Trust Grant, and the other under funding from the newly established EMBL-EBI/Sanger Center/GSK Center for Therapeutic Target Validation (CTTV). These are both great opportunities to work in a fun group committed to working on Open Data to help drug discovery.
- Curating and organising bioactivity data in the ChEMBL database in a structured way.
- Mapping measured bioactivity data from the scientific literature to other biological entities (proteins, cell-lines etc) using a variety of biological resources and ontologies.
- Storing the information in the ChEMBL database in a structured format.
- Implementing curation pipelines for data from complex and phenotypic assays such as those from cell-based and whole organism studies.
- Manually checking and annotating data by reference to the original data sources.
- Developing semi-automated processes for identifying and correcting erroneous data.